Well guys, today was my fourth day at the fair. I think I should finish the week out. It’s already been four days–just three more nights to go! Might as well, right? Plus, I recently got this rockin’ Canon AE-1 Program film camera and I am more than excited to try this baby out. My new film should be in tomorrow so I’m definitely going to be at the fair snapping some more pictures.
For tonight, I have plenty of pictures for all of you fair readers! <–See what I did there?? Fair readers?? Oh, I crack myself up.
AND, in addition to pictures, I have some random things I learned about the fair tonight.
I’m giving you fair warning now…most of these pictures are of the juggler…he is just too entertaining. Thanks for the great pictures, Dylan!
- Would you guys believe that 5 out of 8 people said the juggler was their favorite? Because they did.
- The other 3 people consistently said The Cyclops was their favorite. No ferris wheel? Really?
- Did you know the Wilco Fair has PONIES? Yes, they have tiny little ponies for pony rides. Being a rider myself, I had to ask if I could ride them…the guy said no. I should have been like, “DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHO I AM?” To which he would have said, “…No.”
- Apparently, the fair people are NOT one big happy family. Not all of the time anyway. I had one person tell me these people weren’t his friends…Ummm…I’ll take your place.
- The fair you see in Williamson County is the same fair you’re going to see in areas like Augusta, Georgia, and Asheville, North Carolina? Yep. Apparently it’s called a “traveling amusement park.” I prefer to call it a carnival. Shhhh….I know it’s not technically a carnival, but I’ll believe it is.
- A young girl tonight told me that this was her first time ever being to a fair! I got the pleasure of hearing her excitement and even writing it down! She said, and I quote, “There are so many lights! And the ferris wheel is beautiful! And there is a juggler, and games to play, and it’s like your own theme park! But I don’t even know what a funnel cake is.” Poor child. I’m sure she learned what a funnel cake was. I didn’t stick around to find out.
Who wants to see more cool pictures?? The juggler is in them!
Well, guys, it’s been a long night! I’m tired, you’re tired, and it’s about time we just all go to bed.
I’ll be at the Williamson County fair for the rest of the week. If you are a blogger, a reader, or an author and want to swing by, shoot me an email and I’ll make sure we get a chance to meet up! Hopefully I’ll see you at the fair!
What’s on your bookshelf?